Dec 14 2020
Here’s a little something to help get in the festive spirit, try your hand at our Christmas ‘Twelve Days of Christmas Quiz’!
Answers will be posted on 31st December, watch this space!
- How many turtle doves are there in the Twelve Days of Christmas song?
- Which partridge species is native to the UK?
- Name 3 species of geese that overwinter in the UK
- Name a British bird species that has the word ring in its name
- Name a species of wild flower that has “ladies/lady” in its common name
- Which is the most common species of swan in the UK?
- Name a wild flower with ‘Lord’ in its common name.
- Which British wild bird is known for its drumming display call?
- Who is awakened at precisely 9:30AM every day by her personal piper?
- What common garden bird does ‘four calling birds’ refer to in the original twelve days of Christmas?
- In the traditional song, what do the 3 french hens represent?
- What is the latin name of the early spring flower that is also known as milk maid?
Claire Green- Volunteer Development Officer, North England