First Aid Kit Fettling
Is your first aid kit ready to go?
If your volunteer group is heading out to the woods today and you’re in charge of first aid, it might be time to give your first aid kit a bit of a once-over.
Do you need to top anything up? Or is it such a long time since you’ve had to use your kit that some of it is out of date?
Here’s a quick reminder of what you should have in your first aid kit:
- 1 First aid in an emergency booklet
- 2 HSE medium sterile dressings 12 x 12cm
- 2 HSE large sterile dressings 18 x 18cm
- 2 Triangular bandages 90 x 90 x 130cm
- 2 Eye pads
- 4 Washproof plasters (pack of 10)
- 2 Sterile moist cleansing wipes (pack of 10)
- 1 Microporous tape 2.5 x 10m
- 6 Nitrile powder-free disposable gloves (pair)
- 2 Finger dressings 3.5 x 3.5cm
- 1 Revive-aid
- 1 Disposable heat retaining blanket 2.15 x 1.5m
- 1 Burnshield dressing 10 x 10cm
- 1 Tuff-Kit scissors
- 1 Conforming bandage 7.5cm x 4.5cm
The Trust supplies first aid kits and all replacement items for them (including out-of-date items), so if you need a kit or there’s some topping up to do please contact us with your request: firstname.lastname@example.org