Skipton Castle Woods Volunteer Update
Calling all Skipton volunteers….we are delighted to share with you our activity and events update for Skipton Castle woods for the next few months
Skipton Castle Woods has had a bit of a slow start to 2019 due to weather and then project planning but now we are ready to get things underway again. We very much hope you can join us on some of these activities.
Please let me know if you can help during these events and shows. Many thanks in advance for your support!
- Wed 19th June to Saturday 6 July inclusive – Mobile Visitor Centre – Skipton High Street – engagement and meet and greet visitor support required. (AM/PM or full day sessions 10am-3.30pm)
- Sunday 7th July – Skipton Sheep Day Festival- Mobile Visitor Centre – Skipton High Street – engagement and meet and greet visitor support required. (AM/PM or full day sessions 10am-3.30pm)
- Tues -Thursday 9 to 11 July – Great Yorkshire Show, Harrogate. Morning and afternoon shifts to work on the stand in the Forestry area. This gives you time before or after your shift to enjoy the show, entry tickets included, you don’t have to do the full three days. We give out saplings to the public and take enquiries about woodland creation projects from landowners. Please email email@example.com if you wish to volunteer at this event.
- Task days – all Skipton volunteers, please let me know if you would attend, see the attached list for future dates. Reminders will be sent each month now we have all the build material on site. Many thanks in advance for your support.
- Wednesday 12th June – Step repairs, north of woodland (end of wood). Task lead – Nigel Pepper. (9am start)
- Thursday 20th June – Path resurface – near the weir. Task lead – Nigel Pepper. (3pm start as this coincides with the Woodland Trust Trustee visit). Option of a drink at the pub afterwards around 7pm.
- Friday 12th July – Dry Stone Walling – North East of wood (the Bailey). Tutor – Louise Kirkbride (9am start to finish)
- Saturday 20th July – Dry Stone Walling – North East of wood (the Bailey). Tutor – Louise Kirkbride (9am start to finish)
Many thanks for your continued support – please do contact me if you have any questions or join our volunteer Facebook group here https://www.facebook.com/groups/1516264805079246/?ref=bookmarks
Hazel Birdsall- Visitor Experience Manager- Skipton Castle Woods