Investing in volunteers – the result!
The lead assessor’s recommendation was received last week and we are extremely pleased to say that we have passed the Investing in Volunteers accreditation, which is great news!
There are some areas for development and still progress to be made, we will share the details of this in due course when we get the full written report from the IIV assessors, however some of the positive points fed back so far include;
· Clear recruitment processes
· Awareness of risks within roles
· Good information in the handbook
· Policies and procedures
· Local events providing the opportunity to meet other volunteers
· Large participation in the survey, over 900 volunteers took part
The recommendation of the Lead Assessor goes to their internal panel on the 30th April, so we can’t go external with the news until then, although we couldn’t wait until then to share the news with you our volunteers!
Thank you to everyone who filled in the survey, took part in the assessment days and embraced the new volunteering framework.